Delicious doesn’t get much easier than this Spicy Asian Green Beans with Ground Turkey Recipe! Packed with flavor and quicker than take-out, on the dinner table in less than 20 minutes.
This green bean Turkey stir fry is another example of a recipe where I force myself into creating a delicious (and, accidentally healthy) meal using only ingredients we have on hand. Today it’s ground turkey from the freezer, with green beans and scallions from our garden – I’m a very lucky, right?!?!
And of course that combo is just begging for an Asian twist!!
I mean, let’s be super honest, I’m a little obsessed with Asian flavors and it’s obvious with my Best Crab Kani Salad, Firecracker Grilled Salmon, Sriracha Lime Chicken Thighs and Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl Recipes, right?!?!
My Spicy Chinese Green Beans with Ground Turkey skillet meal, is a quick and easy meal that comes together in just a minutes. It’s delicious served with fluffy white rice but if you’re looking to keep it low carb, keto or paleo friendly serve it with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles instead.
While I call this recipe “spicy” its not extremely HOT, it’s more of a medium heat. If you want it spicier feel free to add a few pinches of crushed red pepper.
Spicy Chinese Green Beans with Ground TurkeyPrint Recipe
- 1 pound pasture raised ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (unrefined) or other healthy cooking fat
- 6 scallions, sliced thinly
- 2+ cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons Organic, gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 1 pound green beans fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon Organic Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes Optional for extra spice
- cauliflower rice (homemade)
- cooked jasmine rice
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Sauté green onions, garlic and ginger for about 2 minutes over medium heat in coconut oil.
- Add ground turkey and sauté for an additional 3-5 minutes or until it’s cooked through/no longer pink.
- Stir in chili garlic sauce and coconut aminos, saute for 2-3 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Add green beans and stir to coat. Continue cooking over high heat for 3-5 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until beans are slightly tender.
- Stir in rice vinegar and toasted sesame oil, Serve over cooked rice or cauliflower rice.